Sunday, June 2, 2013

Kid Projects from Pinterest

For those of you that don't know me personally I have a 3 1/2 year old little boy named Giovani, we call him Gio.  I also have a 10 month old little girl named Julianna, we call her Juju.  As I surf Pinterest I always have an eye out for cool things I can do for them or with them.  Here's a few of my finds:

The Busy Binder
Gio is the busiest child you will ever meet.  He can barely sit still so going to restaurants is nearly impossible.  When I came across this idea for a Busy Binder I thought it could be the perfect solution to keep him busy while we are out and about.

Busy Binder for Kids
Originally found on A Girl and a Glue Gun
 I did this project before I started this blog, so I don't have exact costs but I do remember where I got everything from.  Read through the original blog where this idea came from to get details on everything she did and how she did it.  I went to the dollar store and got stuff to make the eye spy game you see in the pink pouch, I bought the 3 bags of beads and some little plastic animals.  I also bought some flash cards there.  I bought the zipper pouch at Walmart and I had the binder already.  Everything else I got online or from things I had at home.

In my binder I included, the eye spy game, flash cards, coloring activities and some of the little plastic animals I bought.  Here's my end result:

Busy Binder

eye spy game

coloring sheets

flash cards


Within two minutes of using it he destroyed it.  All the coloring pages were used, flash cards were every where and he was trying to pry open the zip on the pouch that held the eye spy game.  On top of that the binder ending up being really bulky with everything in it so it really was a pain to carry.  This may work for some kids, but definitely not for us and I didn't like lugging the binder, so this one gets a PASS.

Crayon Carrier
I tried a much smaller project to take on the go with us next.

Crayon Carry Case
Originally found on Simply Frugal Mom

The original Pinner used a First-aid box, but I used a wipes case.  I added a pack of post-its and crayons.  I had everything I needed to do this one at home and it's much easier to carry in our diaper bag.  Here's the end result:

Crayon Carry Case

 This one was easy and it works well so it gets a PIN.

Please Knock  

I am crazy when it comes to nap time!  It's my time in the day to catch up and get what I need to get done.  On top of that my kids are kids that need schedules.  When they get off, they are miserable.  Maybe not right away, but at some point in the day it catches up with you and it's not pretty!  With that said, everyone who knows me knows that between the hours of 12 and 3 you don't call my house phone and you certainly don't ring my door bell!  For those that don't know, like neighbors, post men, UPS drivers, etc., I needed a gentle reminder.  I found this little beauty on Pinterest and needed one!

Baby is Sleeping Sign
Originally found on Pinterest from the Etsy story Simple Blessings N Life


As cute as this was, I didn't want to purchase it so I made my own.  I bought a magnetic picture frame from the dollar store so it would stick to our front door.  Then I just used some photo paper and printed this on my computer.  Here's what I got:
Please Knock Sign

This picture is kind of hard to see but it says "Please Knock, the kids may be sleeping and if you wake 'em, you take 'em."  It's perfect and all for $1...best part about it, not a single door bell ring since it's been up = AWESOME.  The idea gets PIN and I'm happy with my variation of it!

  


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment