Thursday, February 21, 2013

Making a Picture Frame Collage

As I've said in previous posts...I LOVE PICTURES!  My house is covered in pictures of my family but sometimes you can end up with too many frames lying around so I had to move my picture collection to the walls.  Hanging one frame here and there just wasn't going to work so I decided a picture frame collage was the perfect solution.  

I found inspiration in several places.  Here, at the fabuloushomeblog.com, there were a lot of ideas but in my opinion, they were a little too uniform.  Don't get me wrong, they all look nice, but I was looking for something a little more creative and different.  These were way too organized for how I'm rollin' these days, I guess you could call my life organized chaos :-)

Anyway, I really liked the way this pinner used different types of frames, not all the same and not all hung in perfect lines.  The shutters were a little too country for the style of my home, so I did my own variation.  

I bought frames from Hobby Lobby, Michael's and JoAnn Fabrics.  I pretty much went where ever they were selling for 50% off or where I had a coupon.  Here's my picture frame collage that now hangs in my living room.  

Picture Frame Collage

I spent less than $30 in new picture frames including the large one in the middle.  I had three frames to start.  I really like the way it came out, so the idea of a picture frame collage is a PIN for me! 

But as our family is growing, I'm really debating on whether or not I should add more frames around the large frame in the center.  There is enough space that I could fit some 4 x 6 frames. What do you think?  Should I add more to my picture frame collage or leave it as is?  

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell if there's more space on the wall, but maybe you can recenter and add more. Looks great to me though!

    ReplyDelete