Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring and Summer Projects Inspired by Pinterest

It looks like Spring has finally arrived! Pinterest has some really awesome ideas for backyards, gardens and just about anything outside so I've gotta get started on some DIY projects!  Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather spend the upcoming Summer sitting by a pool, drinking frozen cocktails and getting a fabulous tan but the reality of my life is I'm a Mom, there's no more sitting and enjoying ANYTHING and we have a house that needs a lot of love so my tan will have to wait!

Work on our front beds is already underway and I don't have any exciting plans for it, just your average stuff.  Where I am really hoping to use some great ideas is the backyard.  Here is what my backyard looks like today...sad, I know.




Here are some of the pins I am hoping to tackle, with the help of Chris (my husband).  Ugh let's be honest, Chris will be doing most of this stuff, I'm just providing the vision and documenting it :-)
Original site not found
Found at Where the Mermaids Murmur

Found at BHG.com

If things pan out and we get all this done...which is unlikely with our two little people in tow and a calendar full of upcoming events, I would love to try a pallet furniture project!  Check out my Backyard Ideas board on Pinterest to see all my favorite backyard ideas!

Up next, I tackle a cake stand made from Dollar Tree items.  Stay tuned!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment