Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pinterest Appetizer Recipe - Hot Corn Dip - Guest Post

Everyone who knows me knows that cooking is not my favorite past time.  I have been turning to Pinterest lately for some new recipes and you'll see those reviews soon.  In the meantime, my friend Shauna told me she tries a new Pinterest recipe once a week so she offered to do a guest post on one of her recent favorites.  If you are getting together with friends tonight and need a quick dip recipe, this is the perfect post for you!

Here's what Shauna had to say about the Hot Corn Dip Recipe she found on Pinterest: 

Tonight we were looking for something different. Feeling snacky, I headed over to Pinterest this afternoon to find a new recipe. We are a traditional buffalo chicken dip type of family, so a new recipe was much needed. I had found a few pins for this dip so it was worth a try.

I also need to make a blatant plug for the Cozi app on my smartphone. I took a look at the ingredients from the link, excluded the things I already have and added them to my Cozi app Grocery list with tonight's date. Sent my husband to the store where he accessed the App from his phone and he was able to do the shopping for the dip and cross off the list as he went through the store.

I already had the chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, but they can be difficult to find in the store. I used them last week for a chicken enchilada soup recipe. Both those and the green chiles can be found near the mexican or taco section of a store. My only other substitutions were that hubby couldn't find only shredded monterey cheese, we used a combo shredded colby and monterey. Additionally, I only have light mayo so used that.

Hot Corn Dip Ingredients


The most interesting ingredient here were the chipotle chiles. The look funny and cut up funnier. I was concerned about chopping them up and getting them on my hands, so I used a fork and knife. They were a mess.

Hot Corn Dip Ingredients

I threw all of the ingredients right in my Corningware casserole dish and mixed it all together in there. I was concerned about the dryness of it all. Maybe more mayo? Make sure you mix it together well. I went with leaving the recipe as is to make sure it was just like it should be. The reviews were great on the original link, so I trusted the recipe. It took me about 10 minutes to put everything together. In the amount of time that the oven was preheating, I was able to measure and mix it all. While it was in the oven, I chopped the green onions, cilantro and tomato. I had a medium tomato and this time of year, it wasn't ripe. I didn't want to change the recipe too much, so I used about a quarter of the tomato to make sure I didn't leave it out.

Hot Corn Dip Ingredients


I checked the dip at 20 minutes in the oven as the recipe listed. Didn't seem warm enough so it went in for another 5 minutes. Feels like it needed the extra time. Topped it with the fresh ingredients and it looked good!

Hot Corn Dip - Finished Product

I served the dip with tortilla chips, but I think it would be better with corn chips. Both my husband and I agreed that it 100% deserves a PIN and I plan on making it for the next get together with friends. It was a winner and the fresh ingredients helped make the recipe. I wouldn't change a thing about it. I have Pinterest separated into Recipes to try and ones that I have tried and are great. Moving this over today to make again!

 - Shauna B.

Thanks Shauna, it looks great ;-)

Up next...a fun way to hang your pictures!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment