Sunday, April 14, 2013

DIY Spring Wreath

Although it doesn't feel like Spring here in good old Buffalo, New York, I was cruising Pinterest and got inspired by this Spring wreath!

Originally found at the Piccadilly Peddler


Since my front door has been empty since my Easter decorations came down, I got to work on making one.  Here's the supplies I bought: a wreath, felt in various colors, yarn, a wood letter with our initial and some straight pins.  From my supply cabinet I used my glue gun, some gems and burlap I had left over from another project.

DIY Spring Wreath

I followed the directions of the original Pinner and also went online to find some other felt flower tutorials so I could get a variety of flowers made.  Here's the start of my flower pile.  

DIY Spring Wreath - Felt Flowers

I wrapped the wreath in the burlap and attached it with pins.  

DIY Spring Wreath

From there I made the rest of the flowers and attached them with pins.  I used the yarn to attach our initial and hot glue to add the gems to the flowers.  I sacrificed a reusable shopping bag and cut off the handle to use as a hanger.  Here's my finished product:

Finished product - Spring Wreath with Felt Flowers

Felt Flowers

I'm really happy with the way it came out.  It was pretty easy to do even though I had never made the felt flowers before.  I spent around $20 for all the supplies.  Given how easy this was and the cost, this gets a PIN!  


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment