Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Crockpot Creations - Part 1 of 2 with a Guest Post by Kristina

Even though it's Summer, crockpot meals are a great way to have dinner ready in a flash without a lot of work.  As you scroll through Pinterest you always see these amazing dishes that look like they are straight out of a food magazine and think to yourself "boy that looks good."  You run out to the store, buy all the ingredients, put it together and wait 8 long hours while it cooks in your crock.  How many of you have come home to a pile of mush in your crockpot?  I sure have, so today is part 1 of a 2 part post testing crockpot recipes found on Pinterest, let's see how they go!

First up is Kristina, she tried crockpot Lasagna.  Now before I proceed, I'll tell you Kristina is my cousin.  Our Grandma is quite possibly the best Lasagna maker around so as she is reviewing this recipe she's holding the results up against Grandma Malfa's Lasagna.
 
Guest Blogger:  Kristina

Hi Everyone!  I found a recipe for "Slow Cooker Lasagna" from Taste of Home on Pinterest.

crock pot lasagna
Originally found at Taste of Home 



I have a 4 qt. crockpot that I used to make this.  I altered the recipe a bit and used:


  • 1 lb. of ground meat (whatever you like, I've used beef, venison, & turkey)
  • 1 small onion
  • Garlic
  • 1 pkg lasagna noodles-not the 'no bake' kind, just regular
  • Cheeses & sauce-I started using the Great Value brand Italian mix,  it has 4 or 5 cheeses in it, & I didn't measure the cheese like they suggest, I just put in what I wanted!


Start by cooking your meat in a frying pan with one small onion, EVOO and garlic.  

Then put sauce on the bottom of your crockpot so it doesn't stick.  Layer sauce, meat, noodles, & cheese, with extra sauce & cheese on top.

Pour about 1/3 cups of water in for some moisture.  Cook on low for 8 hours and enjoy!  I thought this came out great.  It wasn't as neat as the picture, but it tasted good, was easy to make and inexpensive.  PIN!


Up next...part 2 of Crockpot Creations with a guest post from Joanna who tried Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken...sounds delish!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment